October 20, 2020
4:30 p.m. EST
Let Us Love You as You Are imagines the potential of exhibitions as care-taking spaces. This extension of the group exhibition An Alarming Specificity, which was originally set to open in the midst of a pandemic, takes up the mantle of creating spaces for bodies too often treated as marginal. Designed to nurture and affirm bodies, especially those of women and nonbinary people, LGBTQIA+ people, disabled people, and people of color, this event advocates for care and the sharing of care tactics as generous, loving processes that can be both individually and collectively restorative.
Artists Shannon Finnegan, Genderfail, Yvette Granata, Linda Stupart, and Eva Wǒ embrace the medium of Zoom to enable the experience of art in personal spaces, utilizing the digital format as a means of lending intimacy and comfort.
Sweatpants, messy hair, and pandemic exhaustion welcome. Come as you are to rest, learn, and be with us as this virtual exhibition unfolds before you and with you, followed by a Q&A with the artists and curator Aubree Penney.
- Accessibility check and welcome by Shannon Finnegan
- Eva Wǒ Welcome
[with Yixuan Pan, ociele hawkins, Eva Wǒ, Ero Rose, Zach Pfrimmer, Jon Pulse, Cameron Brooks, Lex Costan, Meeka Davis-Dunning, C. Michale, Debbie the Artist, Janke, Avery Rose, Faith Goodart, & Mindy Dunn] 2019, GIF
- Introduction with curator Aubree Penney
- Eva Wǒ Bad Bitch N Chill [featuring Kh, Khirby, and Keishi] 2019, GIF
- Linda Stupart Watershed 2020, video, 11:06
- Eva Wǒ Emotional Worm [with Heart Byrne] 2016, GIF
- Yvette Granata Emmenegog 2020, AR installation
- Eva Wǒ Naughty Nixies of Blackmoth Swamp [with Malachi Lily and Epchez Yes!] 2018, GIF
- Genderfail on typefaces, including Black Trans Lives Matter 2020
- Eva Wǒ Post-Supremacy Portal [with Mx. Abdul-Aliy Muhammed, Alex Smith, Andrea Jácome, Arazel Thalez, Ash Richards, Barbara Gittings (1932-2007), Chaska Sofia, Darius McLean, Dev & Zuri Love, Dominique “Rem’mie” Fells (1993-2020), Sir Eli Ra & Bryan Oliver Green, Gladys Bentley (1907-1960), Heart Byrne & Harlow Figa, Icon Ebony Fierce, Ixa fka Mr. Manic, Juliana Reyes, Kira Rodriguez, Kiyoshi Kuromiya (1943-2000), Manny Figeuroa, Mia Secreto, Moor Mother, Nizah Morris (1955-2002), ociele hawkins, Raani Begum & sub, Shoog McDaniel, Tristan “TK” Morton, Wit López, & Zuri Love] 2020, GIF
- Eva Wǒ Kitchen Talk [with Reclaiming Our Image (Caritia, Lina Bembe, Evie Snax, Max Disgrace, Bishop Black, Carmina, Jasco Viefhues, Mia Secreto, Kali Sudhra, Rebecca, Nina Scum & Rude Jude)] 2018, video, 5:17
- Final Comments with Aubree Penney
Free custom event backgrounds by Eva Wǒ. Feel free to use them during the event or in your daily life!
Explore and download Genderfail’s protest sign fonts, including our featured font Black Trans Lives Matter.