Curated by Vicky Funari, Senior Lecturer of Visual Studies
VCAM Display Wall
March 18 – April 10, 2022
In 2021, as part of a Tuttle Creative Residency at Haverford College, artist Jennifer Karady offered a prompt to students and faculty. These photos are a selection of the resulting student and faculty work.
In her ongoing photography project Soldiers’ Stories from Iraq and Afghanistan, Karady works with U.S. veterans from the wars to create staged photographs that combine events from their experiences as soldiers with themes about their adjustment to life back in the U.S.
Work from Karady’s series Soldiers’ Stories from Iraq and Afghanistan is on view in the Cantor Fitzgerald Gallery as part of the exhibition Performing Past-Present: Transforming Reenactment
–Vicky Funari, Senior Lecturer of Visual Studies
- VIST 110 – Foundations in Film Production, Spring 2021
- VIST 353 – Advanced Film Production: The Documentary Body, Spring 2021
- VIST 143 – Introduction to Documentary Production, Spring 2022
- VIST 343 – Advanced Film Production: Documentary Expressions, Spring 2022
- 2020-2021 HCAH Faculty Seminar: Again as Before: Reenactment, led by
Visual Studies faculty John Muse and Vicky Funari, explored the history, theory, and practice of reenactment, with a focus on practices in public history, contemporary art, and film
Made possible with support from Haverford College’s John B. Hurford ’60 Center for the Arts and Humanities, Tuttle Creative Residences, VCAM Media & Makers Series, and Visual Studies Program.